Get to Know our Inquisitive Accounting Assistant
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the...
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets. This week we sat down with Mary Zalud, Accounting Assistant, to learn more about her role in the company and to get her opinion on various topics:
- Tell our readers about your professional experience: I have been in the accounting field in some shape or form for well over 25 years. Some of the most successful people I’ve met throughout my professional experience know what they don’t know…and aren’t afraid to admit it. No matter what their title may be, they ask questions. This has encouraged me to be more proactive, ask questions, and look for ways to help my team.
- What do you enjoy most about working for Rose Pallet? The company culture is great and I am totally comfortable working with everyone. My direct supervisor Dori and I are like a well-oiled machine and work very well together. She’s successful because she is curious and thoughtful and enjoys figuring out how she can help our company move forward, which, in turn, has inspired me to do the same.
- If you could make or buy one item repurposed from pallets, what would it be and why? I would make an outdoor playhouse!! I think it is important for children to have space in which to be creative and completely make their own. I had a treehouse growing up as did my sons. I hope to make one for my new grandson one day too!!
- What is your greatest professional achievement? Though I have had many personal achievements, I believe my greatest professional one is yet to come. I believe continuing education is extremely important and while school is done for me, learning doesn’t have to be. If I want to continue to move forward, education will never be finished.
- What do you hope to accomplish this year that you haven’t yet accomplished? There are so many things I hope to accomplish in life and I am frequently adding and subtracting from that list as I learn more about myself, what I value, and what I respect. With continually being the person I set out to be, everything else in life will fall into place.
- What are the three most important things in your life? Family, forgiveness, love
- If you could take an all-expense-paid trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go & why? I would love to travel to Egypt! Besides seeing the obvious—the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx—Egypt has some of the most fabulous white sand beaches and crystal clear water around! And hey, isn’t ‘THE MUMMY’ everyone’s favorite movie?
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? I love spending time with family and traveling to new places. I am not the most eager person to jump into other cultural cuisines (as anyone who knows me will agree), but I have a fascination with the diversity this world provides and I want to experience it all.