Giving Gratitude this Thanksgiving and All Year Round
There’s one day in November to get an abundance of football (or pigskin) and turkey skin. For that, along with our Annual Top 10 things, we’re thankful!
The change from summer to fall is always a little bittersweet. But, two things make it an easier transition—football and turkey day! While we’ve already enjoyed quite a bit of football, we’re eagerly anticipating the one day in November when we can combine an abundance of pigskin and turkey skin. Yep, we can’t wait for Thanksgiving and the opportunity to spend quality time with our family and friends.
Of course, it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without our annual tradition of naming the Top 10 things for which we’re thankful in 2019. So, without further ado, here’s the list:
- Family. In March our vice president, Amy Angellotti, gave birth to her second child Lyla Rose. And, we just love having her around the workplace as ‘future CEO in training.’
- Workplace. This company wouldn’t be what it is today without our dedicated and loyal employees. What’s even more remarkable is that we all enjoy each other’s company off the clock, too. Our camaraderie helps us deliver better results in every aspect of our business.
- Networking. Our co-owners are grateful to be active in women advisory groups. Through these associations, they can share business expertise and learn from fellow women business leaders.
- Recognition. And, speaking of networking, it’s a great feeling to be recognized by your peers and those you admire. This year, our vice president was named Influencer of the Year by the International Association of Women and we couldn’t be more proud or thankful that she leads our team.
- Delivery. Pallet forecasting isn’t an exact science. Thankfully, if you run out of pallets, we can help by delivering emergency loads and less-than-truckloads using our box truck fleet.
- Machinery. We installed a new nailing machine at one of our plants in Indiana and it allows us to deliver a more consistent combo pallet that can be used in most automated packaging systems.
- Buy-Back Program. We all know that wood pallets can be recycled. But, did you know you can turn old pallets into cash? We’re thankful we can help grow your pallet sales income. With our buy-back program, we’ll count, grade, and pick up your pallets. It’s that easy!
- The NWPCA.The National Wooden Pallet & Container Association provides invaluable resources, education, and networking opportunities to wood packaging professionals like us.
- The Pallet Design System™ (PDS).We are thankful to incorporate the latest version of PDS into our technology toolbox because it helps our customers reduce costs, minimize product damage, and increase safety throughout the unit load handling system.
- Giving. We are grateful to be in a position to give back. Our CEO recently donated to The University of Chicago Asthma & COPD Center in hopes that, through his giving and speaking out on asthma, it will generate more awareness, research, and resources for asthma patients.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone…Thank you for your business!