Co-founders of Rose Pallet Celebrate their Relationship on National Sister’s Day
Sisters Mia Allen and Amy Olson are partners and co-founders of Rose Pallet. While they have spent years together in business, they value–above all–their lifelong bond as sisters. That’s why this Sunday marks an important date for both of them. On August 5th, the country will celebrate National Sister’s Day.
The creator of this day remains a mystery, but online searches for “National Sister’s Day” first spiked in 2012. Since that time, the event has gained momentum and is regularly celebrated on the first Sunday of every August. Mia and Amy plan to honor their relationship by gathering together with their families.
Here’s some fun facts and ideas about how you can celebrate with your sister, too.
- According to a Penn State University study published in 1996, by the time children are 11 years old, they devote 33 percent of their free time to their siblings. That’s more time than what they spend with friends, parents, or teachers. (This is certainly true in Mia and Amy’s relationship.)
- Venus and Serena Williams have played against each other 29 times in professional tennis tournaments. Serena leads their match-ups by a score of 17-12.
- The following celebrities have twin girls, which makes National Sister’s Day double the fun: Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick; Rebecca Romijn; “Desperate Housewives” actress Marcia Cross; and Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan.
- There is a National Brother’s Day, which is celebrated on May 24 and a National Sibling’s Day celebrated on April 10th. For more information, you can visit https://siblingsday.org/.
- A great way to honor your sister on this special day is to give her a unique gift; we recommend one made from pallets, of course! For DIY projects, refer to our posts on Mother’s Day Gift Ideas—they also work perfectly for your amazing sister!
If your sister lives in close proximity, you might also consider hosting her for lunch or dinner. Of course, if you can’t be together in person, make sure you take time to give her a call. Whatever you do, we hope the day will be special and afford the opportunity to create dear memories for you and your sister.