Employee Spotlight – Service with a Smile
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets. This time we sat down with Sandy Medler, account executive, to learn more about her role in the company, fun facts, and habits!
We asked our account executive, Sandy Medler, to share what makes her happy about work, people, and pallets—of course.
- What is the best part about what you do at Rose Pallet? The best part of my job is serving customers and advising them about pallet selection. I truly enjoy developing relationships and discovering customers’ needs because they vary by organization. I am a great listener and, based on what they share with me, I can help them streamline the ordering process.
- How is working for a women-owned company different than your previous employers? At Rose Pallet, there is a great spirit of cooperation. Mia and Amy make sure all employees understand the business goals and know their part in overall strategy. It helps us all to work as a team and develop better value for our customers. And, last—but not least, the owners encourage us to support each other personally as well as professionally.
- Name three things that are critical to your success at Rose Pallet. Determination – The will to succeed. Like any career path, you have to set your mind with positive mental energy and have the will to succeed. Passion – Work is much easier when you like what you are doing. And, Discipline – In order to be successful in any sales position you have to have discipline and manage your time and efforts effectively.
- What is one thing you wish everyone knew about pallets? While seemingly simple, there are more to pallets than meets the eye. Many factors go into designing or creating the right pallet for a particular application—size (dimensions), board width/thickness, load capacity, type (wood, plastic), lumber selection, frequency of purchase, and heat treatment, just to name a few.
- If you could make or buy one item re-purposed from pallets, what would it be and why? Outdoor chairs painted in bright colors because they are durable and fun looking.
- What are 5 things people can expect from you? Honesty, Reliability, Loyalty, Dependability, Professionalism
- What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? Get mentally organized and make a cup of coffee.
- Where did you go on your last vacation and would you return? I had always wanted to go to Fiji and when my daughter and son-in-law moved to New Zealand for a year and I went to visit them, I thought– since I’m half way around the world, I might as well take this opportunity to go to Fiji. It is truly paradise. The people are so friendly and helpful. The food was amazing. We stayed in a hut on the water. It was such a wonderful experience to wake up surrounded by the natural beauty of our world. I recommend this experience to all.