It’s Your Lucky Day – Pallets Can Help You Go Green and Stay Green
In just three days, Irish and non-Irish alike will be wearing green, drinking green beverages, and celebrating Saint Patrick. But, going green doesn’t have to be limited to just one day out of the year.
These days, it’s more important than ever before to protect our environment through green initiatives. One of which is implementing sustainable practices in your operations such as energy or waste reduction. This extends to the tools used to ship your product from its origin to its destination. Indeed, pallets can be the perfect way to go green and stay green.
Pallets help the environment in several ways:
- They are made using a renewable resource.
- Pallets can be recycled or remanufactured rather than taking up space in a landfill.
- At the end of their lifecycle, pallets can be upcycled or repurposed into other products.
- By storing carbon, a wooden pallet reduces CO2 emissions which helps to slow global climate change and improve air quality.
- Through careful design, biobased pallets use less fossil fuel in the manufacturing process thereby reducing our nation’s reliance on petroleum. These pallets are also lighter in weight, requiring less fuel to transport.
Ready to get your green strategy started? Consult with the experts at Rose Pallet. We have a variety of eco-friendly, wooden pallet and packaging solutions for your supply chain needs. We’re also active users of the Pallet Design System™ (PDS) and a proud member of the USDA Biopreferred® Program, which means we can help you design the perfect biobased pallet.
Now, about that outfit. If you’re not into wearing green, we definitely suggest adding a green accessory or two this Saturday so you don’t get pinched! And, please enjoy a safe and Happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at Rose Pallet.