Get to know our Multi-tasking Account Manager
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets. This quarter we sat down with Ryan Saathoff, Account Manager, to learn more about his role in the company, fun facts, and hidden talent!
- Suppose you met one of our blog readers in an elevator and had a few seconds to describe what you do. What would you tell him or her? I work primarily with manufacturing companies to assess their shipping operations, determine the correct size and strength of pallets needed, and manage their supply.
- What attracts customers to Rose Pallet? Many customers switch to us because we can provide a high volume of quality pallets. And, since we are a full-service company offering a multitude of solutions including pallet management, we help ensure our customers do not run out of their supply. But, above all, we provide outstanding customer service and people can rely on us.
- If you could give pallet buyers one piece of advice regarding pallet supply or pallet management, what would it be? To keep a watchful eye on pallet inventory and submit purchase orders early. It is always easier to push a load of pallets back a day or two than come up with one on the fly.
- If you could make or buy one item repurposed from pallets, what would it be and why? A coffee table or some other outdoor centerpiece that friends and family could gather around. I believe a statement piece would prompt conversation and perhaps encourage more people to upcycle pallets.
- As a kid, what did you dream of doing as an adult? I didn’t think too much about it. I just wanted to be happy.
- Which fictional character would be the most exciting person to meet in real life? Groot, the gentle giant from Guardians of the Galaxy, because he has a hilarious personality and he can grow/morph as needed. He would also be a good person to have in your corner.
- Tell us about one of your hidden talents? I can juggle.
- Where do you like to go for a long summer weekend? My family and I enjoy going to Indian Beach Resort on Lake Shafer in Monticello, IN, to camp and enjoy life outdoors. As a kid, my grandparents took all the grand kids there every summer from kindergarten through 8th grade.