Keep Your Pulse on Hot Issues Affecting Pallet Operations and the Workplace
Things are heating up outside, which makes it the perfect time to tackle some hot issues affecting your pallet operations....
Things are heating up outside, which makes it the perfect time to tackle some hot issues affecting your pallet operations. We have compiled essential industry reading as well as details on an upcoming meeting to help you stay informed. From pallet storage, safety, and design to expert commentary, the following resources deliver it all! Enjoy…and feel free to forward to anyone who might benefit.
- Did you know there is a right way and a wrong way to store wood and composite wood pallets at your manufacturing and recycling facilities? The 2018 fire safety Compliance Manual, currently in production by the NWPCA and being developed with fire code experts, will address updated storage requirements and other tactics to prevent fire and ensure fire safety.
- Speaking of fire safety, it is also important to ensure your workers are using safe procedures when operating forklifts to transport your pallets. OSHA has complied various checklists to help workers make safety and operational checks prior to each shift.
- The pallet industry has many tasks that put workers at risk for heat-related stress such as stacking pallets or loading trucks outside in the summer heat. Learn other risks and what you can do at your facility to help protect workers with an effective heat stress management program.
- If you’d rather learn more about the aforementioned safety topics in a group format, the NWPCA is excited to host a Regional Safety Meeting at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O’Hare on Thursday, August 3, 2017. It will be a full day educational event with leading safety experts, including a fire safety consultant and representative for the Industrial Truck Association. The program combines presentations, roundtable discussions, and a panel discussion to keep attendees engaged and informed.
- Do you need custom-designed pallets? Consult the new Web site dedicated to the Pallet Design System to view a snapshot of the software’s capabilities and listen to commentary on why the technology is so invaluable to your industry peers and their organizations. You can also sign up for a free trial of the software: https://trial.palletdesignsystem.com/