Top 5 Favorite Moments from the NWPCA Annual Leadership Conference
Last month we attended the premier networking and educational event in the wood packaging industry, organized by the National Wooden Pallet & Container Association or NWPCA. The Annual Leadership Conference (or ALC) had record participation and provided significant opportunities to meet with industry colleagues. And the host city in sunny Ft. Lauderdale wasn’t bad either, especially for those of us traveling from colder climates.
From educational sessions and meetings to socializing, here is the rundown of our favorite moments:
- Breathing in the salty air while shooting the breeze at the opening reception held Oceanside.
- The keynote address by Michael Abrashoff, retired Navy Commander, who shared how to be an inspiring leader and steer employees in the right direction.
- Mingling with likeminded women members during the “Women in Business” group networking session. Just two decades ago, it was uncommon to encounter women on either the operations or management end of pallet production. As a women-owned business, we’re happy to see and meet more women who are shaking up the industry.
- Learning about the current market and future trends for lumber; labor recruitment and retention; updates to the Pallet Design System; and how politics are impacting the wood packaging industry.
- Feeling the sand between our toes at the grand finale beach party. It doesn’t get much better than wearing flip flops in early March while enjoying the company of our peers.
Our customers are already benefitting from the ideas and tactics we learned at the conference. For that, we owe our gratitude to the NWPCA—it was another terrific event with a great turnout.
Next up, mark your calendar for the NWPCA Member Reception at Expo Richmond on May 18. If you’re in the Richmond area or plan on flying into the River City for this free networking event, you can save time and register online.