Just for Fun – Presidential Jokes
Tomorrow is “presidential joke day.” This election year, there are no shortages of jokes surrounding the candidates. But, first let’s pause to take a moment and explain the history of this day. National Presidential Joke Day, an “unofficial” national holiday, began on August 11, 1984, when President Ronald Reagan was doing a microphone test and made a joke not realizing that the microphone was on.
These days, there are plenty of presidential gaffes which occur on a regular basis. But, even more prevalent are blunders from presidential hopefuls.
However, rather than recount all of the actual missteps taken by Clinton or Trump, we’d like to take a lighter approach and simply share a few of our favorite jokes concerning the highest office in the nation.
- Where does the president keep his razor? In The Cabinet.
- “Being president is like running a cemetery: you’ve got a lot of people under you and nobody’s listening.” — Bill Clinton
- Why did George Washington have trouble sleeping? Because he couldn’t lie.
- “In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.” — John Adams
- What airline does Donald Trump aspire to fly? Hair Force One!
- What do you call a basement full of politicians? A whine cellar.
- If pro is the opposite of con, then is progress the opposite of congress?
- Why won’t Hillary let her campaign staff exercise? She doesn’t want them to “Feel the Bern.”
- “I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.” – Ronald Reagan
- “There are few things in life harder to find and more important to keep than love. Well, love and a birth certificate.” – Barack Obama
For more laughs, search #PresidentialJokeDay on social media. If you have a great presidential joke, please share it by commenting below.