Perk Up with our Pallet Industry Quiz
To keep things lively and engaging on our blog, we thought we’d put your knowledge to the test…
Wooden pallets are used to securely transport goods around the world. But, other facts and statistics concerning the wood packaging industry may surprise you. With the help of several industry resources including Nature’s Packaging, AF&PA , and the Center for Packaging and Unit Load Design, we’ve compiled a short industry quiz that may leave you stumped (pardon the pun)!
To find out how much you know about wood, pallets, and the packaging industry, continue reading. The first 10 readers to comment on our blog with correct answers will win a $10 Starbucks Card.
- North American forests are growing at twice the rate of what is removed for consumer use. On average, how many seedlings are planted each day in the United States?
a) 4.8 million b) 3.8 million c) 5.2 million d) 1 million
- For every ton recovered of this product, 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space is saved:
a) Wood b) Plastic c) Paper d) Glass
- All wood that has a moisture content above the fiber saturation point is called:
a) Wet b) Alive c) New d) Green
- In the U.S., forests and forest products store enough carbon each year to offset approximately what percent of the nation’s CO2emissions?
a) 12% b) 20% c) 3% d) 19%
- True or False? Wood shrinkage reduces the load carrying capacity of a pallet.
Stay tuned to our blog for additional trivia throughout the year. And, remember to contact us for all of your pallet management needs.