A New Year and a New Chance to Win
If you’ve been following our blog, you know we like to quiz our readers periodically. And, since it’s a New Year, it’s the perfect time to put your knowledge to the test.
Wooden pallets are used to securely transport goods around the world. But, other facts and statistics concerning the wood packaging industry may surprise you. With the help of several industry resources including Nature’s Packaging, AF&PA , and the Center for Packaging and Unit Load Design, we’ve compiled a short industry quiz that may leave you stumped (pardon the pun)!
The first 10 readers to submit correct answers on our blog will win a $15 Amazon card.
- What is the economic impact (in dollars) of the wood packaging industry in the U.S.?
a) 10 billion b) 35 billion c) 5 billion d) 22 billion
- How many trees are planted in the U.S. each year?
a) 595,000 b) 1.5 million c) 2.1 million d) 1.7 billion
- How many pallets are in service in the U.S. every day?
a) 500 million b) 1 billion c) 1.4 billion d) 2.6 billion
- Of the pallets in service every day, what percent are made of wood?
a) 60% b) 78% c) 86% d) 93%
- True or False? The most commonly used alternative pallets are made from oil & gas.
Stay tuned to our blog for additional trivia throughout the year. And, remember to contact us for all of your pallet management needs.