Employee Spotlight Series – Operating on Optimism
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets. This time we sat down with Danny Villasenor in Operations to learn more about his role in the company, optimistic outlook, and aspirations!
- What does a typical workday look like for you? Hectic. Non-stop fun is the best way I can put it. This is not a regular job for a regular person; you have to be a little crazy to do this. But, I love it. I am constantly doing something, whether it is answering phone calls, replying to emails, running reports, placing orders, pricing orders, inspecting loads, talking with customers, or meeting our manufacturers.
- What makes Rose Pallet different from other pallet providers? We genuinely care for all of our customers and our manufacturing partners. We want to change the game and we want to leave a big footprint. We love helping companies grow and every day we strive to get a little better and to help someone new.
- What is the most challenging aspect of pallet operations? So many things are out of our control. Weather plays a huge part on ability to get quality lumber. Sometimes there is not enough manpower to deliver the pallets. Everything needs to line up just to get one order out. But, one way or another, Rose Pallet makes it happen.
- If you could make or buy one item repurposed from pallets, what would it be and why? A bar! Need I say more?
- What are you best known for? Sports and always laughing and smiling. Life is great! People need to step back and realize that it is a blessing just to wake up!
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why? I would love to see Greece. My wife and I have always wanted to go and we love Greek food!
- What are you looking forward to? Football season. Da Bears!
- What was the best thing you did this past summer? Took the wife and kids to Cancun for a week. It was an amazing time!