Industry Quiz – Test Your Pallet IQ
To keep things lively and engaging on our blog, we thought we’d put your knowledge to the test…
Wooden pallets are used to securely transport goods around the world. But, other facts and statistics concerning the wood packaging industry may surprise you. With the help of several industry resources, we’ve compiled a short quiz that may leave you stumped (pardon the pun)!
To find out how much you know about wood, pallets, and the packaging industry, continue reading. The first 10 readers to comment on our blog with correct answers will receive a $10 Starbucks Card.
- When were gas-powered forklifts invented?
a) 1937 b) 1922 c) 1893 d) 1900 e) 1955
- Which pallet type debuted during World War II?
a) Two way b) Plastic c) Four-way d) Block e) Metal/aluminum
- Which of the following retailers has been known to design products around the pallet to maximize load and reduce shipping costs?
a) Ikea b) Radio Shack c) Pier 1 Imports d) Home Depot e) Target
- Recycling 100 wood pallets saves 2.81 carbon dioxide emissions per month (in metric tons). This is the equivalent of taking how many cars off the road?
a) 2 b) 10 c) 16 d) 50 e) 20
- True or False? The highest cost part of the pallet is the wood.
Stay tuned to our blog for additional trivia throughout the year. And, remember to contact us for all of your pallet management needs.