Get to Know our Team-Oriented Account Manager
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets.
This week we sat down with our spirited account manager, Nick Scumaci, to learn more about what motivates him on a daily basis and other secrets to his success:
- Tell our readers about your professional experience: Prior to Rose Pallet I was working as a service consultant in the automotive industry. I was able to serve and relate to my customers while keeping them comfortable throughout the decision-making process.
- What is the #1 reason your clients choose to work with you? My clients choose to work with me because I am trustworthy and I take the extra step to accomplish what they need done. I always keep an open line of communication and I am honest and up front about my capabilities. If I can accomplish their needs, I will; if I cannot, I will help them find out who can.
- What is the best thing you have learned from your current or past boss? The answer is no if you don’t ask; give yourself the opportunity to succeed by taking the first step and ask.
- If you could make or buy one item repurposed from pallets, what would it be and why? I would make a bar out of pallets, because it would bring my family and friends around for a good time and great conversation.
- What is your favorite quote? “On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that’s gonna make the difference between winning and losing! Between Livin’ and Dyin’!” —Tony D’Amato (Al Pacino), Any Given Sunday
- What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? That nothing comes easy, and I wish I tried harder at times.
- What do you think is the most important innovation of your lifetime thus far? The most important innovation in my lifetime is the internet. It creates opportunity for everyone.
- If you could play ‘hooky’ tomorrow, what would you do and why? I would probably be grilling some burgers outside hanging out with family and friends. I enjoy the relaxing and fun times with great people.