Get the Rundown with our Operations Director
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets. This week we sat down with Mark Hernandez, Operations Director, to learn more about his role in the company and to get his opinion on various topics:
- Tell our readers about your professional experience: Since my discharge from the Army, I’ve served in various management positions, predominantly in the restaurant industry. Prior to joining Rose Pallet, I was the Operations Director for a 36-hole private golf club.
- What gets you excited to wake up and come to work? Next to physical survival, the greatest need of a human being is psychological survival. To be understood, to be affirmed, to be validated, and to be appreciated. Rose Pallet gives me that and that’s why I get excited to come to work and perform at my best alongside wonderful people every day.
- Why do people buy from Rose Pallet? The pallet industry serves all sorts of companies looking to move their product. Their systems, packaging, and shipping is ever changing. When customers call on Rose Pallet, they receive innovative solutions and a timely response. This combination can be hard to find in other pallet providers, especially during peak seasons.
- What professional goal are you working toward right now? I’m still strengthening my depth of knowledge in the pallet industry. I’m eager to learn and help Rose Pallet become better than yesterday. It feels good when I’ve done something to elevate Rose Pallet as a whole in the industry.
- If you could make or buy one item repurposed from pallets, what would it be and why? Since my first day, I’ve seen a multitude of things made from pallets. But my favorite piece so far is a pallet painted with the Chicago flag.
- If you could take credit for any great piece of art, song, film, book, etc., which one would you claim? It’s cheesy, but it would have to be a scene and line from the movie Rocky Balboa. Rocky is talking to his son about winning in life and the world we live in. We all go through the struggles and joys of life, and how you respond can either propel you forward or keep you down. I don’t let life keep me down. It’s exhausting sometimes, but we only get one life so I want to make the most of mine. “You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life… It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!”- Sylvester Stallone in Rocky Balboa
- If you could trade places with anyone for a week, famous or not, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon. Curious to see what it’s like to live like a billionaire.
- What do you like to do in your time off? When I’m not busy managing our operations, I like to be with my family and hang out with my wife Kristen, our 2 dogs Izzy and Jameson and the newest member to our family, my newborn son, Wilfred Nikolaos Hernandez!