Get to Know our Service-Driven Administrative Assistant
In addition to industry news, tips, and trends, our blog is also a great place to learn about our employees—the people behind the pallets.
This week we sat down with Megan Tempinski, Administrative Assistant, to learn more about her role in the company and to get her opinion on various topics from movies and school to family life:
- Why do you like most about your job at Rose Pallet? I enjoy my role as an assistant because I get to collaborate with others. It is very rewarding when everyone pulls together as a team to accomplish a project—big or small.
- Tell us about a time you solved a difficult problem at work: While working in customer service for a former employer, I once had to deal with someone who was unusually upset. He was screaming and yelling at me because he was dissatisfied with a delivery. In that situation, I remained calm and polite. I was able to solve his problem immediately. Afterward, he apologized to me.
- What is unique about Rose Pallet? Rose Pallet is unique because it started a few years ago with only a few employees and has grown into a large company servicing organizations across the country. It is also family-owned, which sets it apart from other national pallet companies.
- If you could make or buy one item repurposed from pallets, what would it be and why? I would repurpose a pallet as a canvas for an art project. A landscape would look great painted on it. Plus, the wear and tear from the pallet would create texture and enhance the beauty of the scene.
- What is your favorite movie and why? My favorite move is The Great Gatsby. I love everything about this movie including the romance, the time period, and the outfits and accessories. It is a completely different lifestyle and watching it is a great escape.
- What were your best and worst subjects in school? My best subject was history because I am very interested in studying different time periods and learning facts. My worst subject was English.
- When was the last time you did something daring or challenging and what was it? I have a 1-year old son, which makes every day a challenge! Trying to keep up with him and protecting him while also tackling my daily to-do list is tough, but rewarding.
- What does the perfect day look like to you? Relaxing with my family, cooking, and watching movies.